How to install WhatsApp 2.18.248
Click here to download WhatsApp 2.18.248: touch to install in Chrome (tutorial below).
Please note: after you get your iPhone messages imported, we suggest to update WhatsApp to latest version from Google Play Store.
If you experience any issue (like unparseable or corrupted package error), please
- uninstall any previously existing WhatsApp
- Android 8 (Oreo) or later (Pie) specific instructions
- enable Unknown sources from Android settings -> Security -> Unknown sources
- if Android forces you to install WhatsApp latest release, temporarily disable automatic app updates on the Play Store (see screenshots below)
- if you enabled Chrome data saver, please disable it temporarily
- if you have any kind of corporate account (like Exchange) or tool (like MobileIron or AirWatch), please disable it temporarily
- if you signed up for WhatsApp Beta, temporarily sign-out
- if you are on Huawei (like the P20), make sure you don't have WhatsApp installed in Private Space
- if you are on a Samsung, make sure you don't have WhatsApp installed in the Secure Folder or as a Dual Messenger
- if you have WhatsApp for Business, temporarily uninstall it
- if it still doesn't work, please send me diagnostic logs