How to install WhatsApp 2.18.248
Click here to download WhatsApp 2.18.248: touch to install in Chrome (tutorial below).
Please note: after you get your iPhone messages imported, we suggest to update WhatsApp to latest version from Google Play Store.
If you experience any issue (like unparseable or corrupted package error), please
- uninstall any previously existing WhatsApp
- [new phones] Android 8 (Oreo) or later (Pie) specific instructions
- [older phones only] enable Unknown sources from Android settings -> Security -> Unknown sources
- if Android forces you to install WhatsApp latest release, temporarily disable automatic app updates on the Play Store (see interactive tutorial below)
- if you enabled Chrome data saver, please disable it temporarily
- if you have any kind of corporate account (like Exchange) or tool (like MobileIron or AirWatch), please disable it temporarily
- if you signed up for WhatsApp Beta, temporarily sign-out
- if you are on Huawei (like the P20/P30), make sure you don't have WhatsApp installed in Private Space
- if you are on a Samsung, make sure you don't have WhatsApp installed in the Secure Folder or as a Dual Messenger
- if you have WhatsApp for Business, temporarily uninstall it
- if you still have issues, kindly take a look at the 2nd interactive tutorial below ("optional/if issues")
- if it still doesn't work, please send me diagnostic logs