How to install WhatsApp 2.18.248
Click here to download WhatsApp_2.18.248: just download from your phone and touch the drawer notification to install.
If you experience any issue (like unparseable or corrupted package error), please
- uninstall any previously existing WhatsApp
- Android 8 (Oreo) or later (Pie) specific instructions
- enable Unknown sources from Android settings -> Security -> Unknown sources
- if Android forces you to install WhatsApp latest release, temporarily disable automatic app updates on the Play Store (see screenshots below)
- if you enabled Chrome data saver, please disable it temporarily
- if you have any kind of corporate account (like Exchange) or tool (like MobileIron), please disable it temporarily
- if you signed up for WhatsApp Beta, temporarily sign-out
- if you are on Huawei (like the P20), make sure you don't have WhatsApp installed in Private Space
- if you are on a Samsung, make sure you don't have WhatsApp installed in the Secure Folder or as a Dual Messenger
- if it still doesn't work, please send me diagnostic logs
Please note: after you get your iPhone messages imported, you can safely upgrade to any WhatsApp version and enable auto-update in Play Store.